ESL, the world’s largest sports company, and MAPFRE launch the second season of ESL Racing Series MAPFRE, the first national rFactor2 league. The new season will be sponsored by MAPFRE, Movistar, Samsung and Michelin and will begin on April 29 with an open qualifier from which the teams competing in the regular phase will be selected.
After the success of the first season, MAPFRE continues its bet on making SimRacing one of the main esports disciplines in our country and internationally with the best pilots in the world.
Movistar continues its commitment to SimRacing in this second season as a sponsor and media partner. Its support, together with that of MAPFRE, is essential to consolidate this league thanks to its coverage on its digital channels. Michelin, who had already sponsored the finals of the previous season, joins them, thus consolidating its commitment to esports and the SimRacing genre.
In this second season, the competition will change some aspects to adapt to the scene of SimRacing and grow by his hand. In this way, the competition will be divided as follows:
- Qualifiers: Instead of having 6 open qualifiers, this season there will be a single open qualifier lasting one week, from April 29th to May 5th. Each day, the team with the best time will obtain a place for the regular phase. At the end of the week, spanish national teams with the best overall times of the week will be the rest to qualify. The aim is to give the drivers the flexibility to participate in the qualifiers without being tied to a date or time.
- Regular Phase: the Regular Phase of the second season will consist of 14 teams, instead of 18. This regular phase will begin on 1 June and the days will take place on Saturdays from 19:00.
- Teams: in this second season, teams must consist of a minimum of 2 SimRacers and a maximum of 4.
- Grand Final: after the success of the first season, in this edition there will also be a face-to-face Grand Final that will take place in July and to which the six best teams of the regular phase will participate.
- Prize pool: The second edition of the ESL Racing Series MAPFRE will feature a €18,000 prize pool.
Broadcast and channels
Following the success of ESL Racing Series MAPFRE first season, every show of the Regular Phase and Grand Final of the second season can be followed via ESL Spain’s racing Twitch, Movistar eSports’ YouTube channel and ESL Spain’s Facebook profile.